|Athena, Goddess Of Wisdom|
1) Hold your head high, you are beautiful, every day, all the time. When a man asks you to change your appearance to be acceptable to him, walk away and be yourself. Develop your character inside. Beauty is deeper than an outward appearance.
2) Respect yourself. In all you do and say, be a woman of class and honor. You will not get respect until you respect yourself.
3) Follow your dreams, never let a relationship, whether it be friendship, or love, rob you of what you dream.
4) Be independent, make sure of your own finances, health, and career. Always have a way of escape - financially, physically, and emotionally.
5) Beware when you find yourself rescuing a man, whether financially or emotionally. They will use your motherly instincts to manipulate you and guilt to force your hand to provide for them.
6) Every gift has a price, you may not see it at first, but it's there. Do not take lavish gifts from men, they will pressure you with it. Earn what you want on your own.
7) When a man hits you, he WILL hit you again. You need to leave right away or know that you will get beat in the future. He will not change, you will suffer at his hand. There are no exceptions to this rule.
8) Listen to your heart, when you feel something is wrong, something is. These are your gifts, empathy and insight.
9) Precipitating a crisis to keep a man from leaving is a grave error. Getting pregnant, getting “sick”, using his secrets to threaten him, these will all backfire on you.
10) Pick the things you will and won't deal with. Every man will have some quality that will drive you crazy, a fault that may or may not be forgivable. Choose what faults you will or won't deal with BEFORE you're in a relationship and stick to your decision.
11) Do not cheat on your man, this can lead to great violence toward you and injury to your self esteem. There is never a happy ending to this, if he cheats with you he will cheat on you. If you're not satisfied with your man, leave. This can save your life.
These things will help keep you safe and happy, and will prevent your dad from having to kill someone...
Love you girls,
11 Things I Wish My Son To Know
11 Things Observed In the Betrayal Of My Friend
Also published in Broowaha